"MQFD": Monthly QRP Field Day
Wayne Burdick
2003-09-23 12:13:01 UTC
Those of you who don't subscribe to the QRP-L reflector may have missed the
evolution of a new QRP-oriented operating event, "MQFD" (Monthly QRP Field Day).
The originator of the idea appears to be Rick McKee, KC8AON.

This is a lightweight field operating event intended to get folks out into the
field more often, and should be a lot of fun. The very first MQFD date is this
coming Saturday, Oct. 27. I'm not sure if there are any "core hours"
recommended--probably not. In any case, it's a great way to give yourself and
your K1 or K2 some exercise.

I'm planning to take the KX1 out for MQFD as part of ongoing field tests.

73,
Wayne
N6KR
http://www.elecraft.com
Wayne Burdick
2003-09-24 01:30:01 UTC
Ooops -- it's this month, Sept. 27th.

tnx, Jack.

Wayne
N6KR
Wayne - I know you have been underground for way too long, but this
Saturday is _September_ 27th, not October 27th. Is the contest a month
off, or is it really this coming Saturday?
your K1 or K2 some exercise.
Jack Brindle
2003-09-25 01:10:00 UTC
Coincidentally, for those of you who are also into astronomy, and
hap;pen to be in California, the Califormia Star Party (CalStar) is
happening this weekend from Thursday through Sunday. The MQFD would be
a great activity to pass the time while waiting for that pesky local
star to go away on Saturday (for the uninitiated, that means for the
Sun to set).

And, if you are going to CalStar, look for me. I should be there with
the MacDobs group on Saturday and Sunday...
Post by Wayne Burdick
This is a lightweight field operating event intended to get folks out
into the
field more often, and should be a lot of fun. The very first MQFD
date
is this
coming Saturday, Oct. 27. I'm not sure if there are any "core hours"
recommended--probably not. In any case, it's a great way to give
yourself and
your K1 or K2 some exercise.
- Jack Brindle, WA4FIB